We/the Company (A24 Group Ltd and its subsidiaries which trade as Ambition 24hours, Nursing Services of the UK, Locum Services of the UK, British Nursing Association, Grosvenor Nursing, Mayfair Nurses, First Call Employment all of Group House, 92-96 Lind Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 4PL) is/are a recruitment business/recruitment businesses which provides work-finding services to clients and work-seekers.
We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that we can provide these work finding services to our agency workers and other persons who register with or wish to register with us as potential agency workers (herein after referred to as “you”). In doing so the Company acts as a data controller. Our current Data Protection Lead is Charles Rees.
We will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) from you or made available by you and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. All processing will solely be in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (or its successor) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (together the ‘Data Protection Laws’).
The legal bases we rely upon to collect and process your personal data include your consent, our legitimate interest, our legal obligations and our contractual obligations to you.
We won’t share your data with any persons outside of the Company other than our clients, agents of our clients, our advisers/service providers and regulatory bodies. For example it is likely that:
• our clients (or representatives thereof) who wish to or do make use of your services or our advisers may request details about you (e.g. qualifications and experience, criminal record)
• our agents, consultants and service providers (such as auditors and providers of information technology including cloud based software, website hosting, data analysis and back-up/storage) may need access to/handle your personal data to perform certain business-related functions
• regulatory bodies such as the Employment Agency Standards or HMRC may review our records to ensure our compliance with prevailing legislation.
The Company may transfer the information you provide to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) - including to our group companies in the Republic of South Africa - for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information.
We retain the personal data processed by us for the longer of:
(a) what is required by law/regulation or
(b) what is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Our standard retention period is at least 8 years after services are provided to you.
We have in place measures and procedures which adequately protect the privacy of the data subject and ensure that data protection is integral to all processing activities.
In addition to the right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes you have the following data protection rights:
• to access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
• to any rectification of your personal data;
• to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• to data portability in certain circumstances;
• to not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
• to withdraw consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any complaint over data issues please contact our data protection officer on firstname.lastname@example.org . You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office.